Six UvA students selected for Huawei summer internship in China
Six students at the University of Amsterdam have been selected for a summer internship at Huawei headquarters in China. In the Huawei Seeds for the Future programme, they will have the unique opportunity to strengthen their skills and working knowledge of the IT sector.
The students are all enrolled in a science or ICT programme at the UvA's Faculty of Science. They will start their adventure with a cultural immersion course at the Beijing Language and Culture University. Next, they will go to Huawei's headquarters in Shenzhen, South China, where they will get hands-on experience and gain technical expertise in the ICT industry.
Getting to know China
'I'm very much looking forward to this trip,' says Lucas Fijen, one of the selected students. 'The combination of learning about the Chinese culture and being able to look inside such a big international IT-company is very exciting. I know I have quite some preconceptions about China, so I hope to be able to see the country in a new light and learn from the technological advances in this part of Asia.'
The participating UvA students are:
- Michelle Appel, Bachelor's student Natural and Social Sciences, major Artificial Intelligence
- Lucas Fijen, Bachelor's student Natural and Social Sciences, major Artificial Intelligence
- Martijn Heijstek, Bachelor's student Natural and Social Sciences, major Artificial Intelligence
- Jelmer Neeven, Bachelor's student Informatics
- Jasper van Haastere, Bachelor's student Physics and Astronomy
- Fenna van der Ploeg, Bachelor's student Physics and Astronomy