dr. A.M.F. (Alexandre) Belin
Faculty of Science
Science Park A
Science Park 904 Room number: C4.202
1090 GL Amsterdam
I am currently interested in various aspects of quantum gravity, string theory, holography and black holes physics. The AdS/CFT correspondence provides us with the most powerful tool to study quantum gravity. I am interested in investigating which classical theories of gravity can be consistently quantized or alternativaley, I would like to understand which conformal field theories have consistent large N limits, for which the bulk dual is semi-classical. This will teach us both fundamental constraints on quantum gravity and insights on the emergence of spacetime.
My current projects focus on a direct study of these constraints for 3d gravity in Anti-de Sitter space as well as the study of entanglement and quantum information theory in quantum gravity.
- Belin, A. (2017). Permutation orbifolds and chaos. Journal of High Energy Physics, 2017(11), . DOI: 10.1007/JHEP11(2017)131 [details]
- Belin, A., Keller, C. A., & Zadeh, I. G. (2017). Genus two partition functions and Rényi entropies of large c conformal field theories. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, 50(43), . DOI: 10.1088/1751-8121/aa8a11
- Belin, A., Castro, A., Gomes, J., & Keller, C. A. (2017). Siegel modular forms and black hole entropy. Journal of High Energy Physics, 2017(4), . DOI: 10.1007/JHEP04(2017)057
- Belin, A., Freivogel, B., Jefferson, R. A., & Kabir, L. (2017). Sub-AdS scale locality in AdS3/CFT2. Journal of High Energy Physics, 2017(4), . DOI: 10.1007/JHEP04(2017)147
- Belin, A., de Boer, J., Kruthoff, J., Michel, B., Shaghoulian, E., & Shyani, M. (2017). Universality of sparse d > 2 conformal field theory at large N. Journal of High Energy Physics, 2017(3), . DOI: 10.1007/JHEP03(2017)067
- Belin, A., & Maloney, A. (2016). A new instability of the topological black hole. Classical and Quantum Gravity, 33(21). DOI: 10.1088/0264-9381/33/21/215003
- Belin, A., Keller, C. A., & Maloney, A. (2016). Permutation Orbifolds in the Large N Limit. Annales Henri Poincare, 1-29. DOI: 10.1007/s00023-016-0529-y
- No ancillary activities